Maritime Institute in Gdańsk has a pleasure to invite for The ‘Be Smart, Think Blue’ Conference and Brokerage Event 2016 taking place on 19th-20th September 2016 in Gdańsk. The event offers the full range of marine and maritime stakeholders – enterprises, researchers, public bodies and NGOs - the opportunity to get inspired and to interact for boosting the Smart Blue Regions (19th September 2016) and to establish contacts with potential partners to address open calls for Blue Growth research proposals in Horizon 2020 (20th September 2016).
Why it matters?
Smart specialisation is a key concept for boosting innovation around the EU. Understanding the role of smart specialisation in enhancing the European blue growth sector is prerequisite to successfully availing of the sea of opportunities open to stakeholders. In addition to regional specialisation and funding, the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, Horizon 2020, holds several funding opportunities for marine and maritime R&I projects on a European scale. Creating synergies between all available funding sources is the ultimate goal of the “BE SMART – THINK BLUE” event.
Why to participate?
- Discover the latest development of smart specialisations in marine and maritime
- Establish cross-border contacts and initiate co-operation in the area of marine and maritime research
- Find new commercial/technological/research partners
- Present, discuss and develop new project ideas
Registration is open until 5th September at the event website: https://www.b2match.eu/smartblue2016
There is no conference fee, the language of the event is English.
The event is organised jointly by:
- Smart Blue Regions Interreg project (Smart specialisation and blue growth in the Baltic Sea Region, http://www.submariner-network.eu/index.php/projects/smartblueregions),
- BioHorizon project (Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research and the bioeconomy, http://www.ncp-biohorizon.net/) and
- ETNA2020 project (Smart, green and integrated transport, http://www.transport-ncps.net/).
1st MARE FORUM POLAND 2016 - 21st September 2016, Sopot